BecomingX Education is a digital solution for schools focused on personal development, helping educators teach the personal attributes needed to succeed. Our Home Edition for homeschoolers and parents is launching soon.
For our Schools edition, the annual subscription includes:
1) Library: World-class content based on leading educational, psychological and neuroscientific research. Every lesson is introduced by Bear Grylls and comes with slides, films, lesson plans, activities and resources - at the touch of a button. Over 200 lessons, assemblies, discussions and stand-alone activities to enable staff to consistently deliver key messages and get students engaged. Plus a collection of clips that can be used to supplement any lesson with inspiring insights, from physics to geography.
2) Cinema: Short films with the world's most inspiring and iconic people, sharing their insights on what it takes to succeed.
3) Tools: Practical resources and guidance to help deliver a world-class personal development programme. This includes filmed interviews from leading educators, academics and experts, tools to help facilitate the process and external research and links to support with fulfilling statutory requirements.
4) Surveys: A digital survey to understand how your students see their personal development progress. Easy to administer, with detailed reports and analysis, educators can develop robust strategies and interventions based on accurate data and track progress over time.
5) Experiences: Classroom, local and international experiences to help students learn in practice. This includes bookable workshops, an interactive map of curated local experiences as well as international trips delivered by an award-winning adventure travel company.
6) Rewards: Significant discounts for schools with major suppliers, as well as a series of rewards for staff members at a variety of leading companies and retailers, saving money on products and experiences.
There are a number of benefits for students, staff and institutions:
- Increased engagement: Students love our content - it is highly engaging, interactive, presented by Bear Grylls, has insights from their heroes, and features real-world and practical activities
- Greater understanding of success: Our lessons cover the skills, attitudes, knowledge and relationships needed to succeed (with real-world examples), including how to support physical and mental health
- Exciting experiences: Our local and international experiences provide opportunities to learn in practice
- Significant time saving: Staff get access to 100+ age and outcome specific 'plug and play' lessons, assemblies and discussions, complete with full lesson plans and resources, saving significant research and preparation time
- World-class quality: Our heavily researched content is produced with the highest production values possible, allowing teachers to focus on doing what they do best
- Significant personal benefits: Staff save an estimated £200-300 a year each through the rewards we provide with retail, health, lifestyle and travel companies
- Tools: Practical resources to design and deliver high-performance personal development programmes across the whole institution
- Measurable impact: Surveys allow institutions to get detailed understanding of their students' perspectives allowing schools to design tailored programmes and to analyse the impact of their interventions
- Ready-made experiences: Provides easy access to classroom, local and international experiences, specifically designed to build the personal attributes needed to succeed
BecomingX Education is currently available to subscribe online for all UK Primary, Secondary and All-Through Schools, choosing from free or paid subscription options: Premium, Lite, or Educator
If you are a MAT or Corporate and would like to subscribe or sponsor multiple schools, please contact us.
If you are outside the UK, we currently have an International version available, please get in touch
If you are a homeschooler or parent, our Home Edition is being released shortly. Sign up for the waitlist here.
If you have been given an Activation Code for a Premium subscription for your school, please use the link in your email to redeem.
Our platform is designed for educators to use - it currently can't be used by students on their own. We will be launching e-learning for students, to complement classroom based sessions, in the future.
Yes - absolutely. If you are a parent, alumni or business who wishes to support your local school by sponsoring an annual subscription of BecomingX Education, click here.
We also work with corporates and other institutions who wish to sponsor subscriptions for schools or groups of schools - please contact us to discuss further.
At the most fundamental level, we help students to develop the personal attributes - the skills, knowledge, attitudes and relationships - needed to succeed.
This type of education goes by many names; 'character education', 'PHSE', 'social and emotional learning', 'essential skills', 'life skills', 'employability skills', 'skills to succeed', 'soft skills'.
Specifically, the attributes we aim to build are -
1) Skills: Solution finder, effective communicator, team player, inspiring leader
2) Knowledge: Lifelong learner, healthy performer, expert practitioner, reflective thinker
3) Attitudes: Ambitious dreamer, go getter, resilient survivor
4) Relationships: Respectful operator, tribe builder, deal maker
We think there are a number of reasons why our content stands alone:
1) Evidence-based: Our lessons are based on in-depth research and first-hand interviews with the world's highest performers. We really do know what it takes to succeed.
2) Truly engaging: Our lessons are designed to maximise student engagement with introductions presented by Bear Grylls, class discussions, filmed insights from the world's most inspiring and iconic people and activities.
3) Interactive: All of our lessons are highly interactive, with students having an active role after just 3 minutes of starting a lesson.
4) Real-world activities: Our lessons are practical and based on real-world scenarios, partnering with leading companies, NGOs and individuals.
5) Robust educational principles: Our lessons are developed based on robust educational neuroscience, reviewed by an advisory board of top educators and experts.
6) Production values: All of our lessons are professionally designed to the highest standards and feature cinema quality footage and imagery.
An easy to administer online personal development survey, available to students at any point throughout the year using a simple link with no codes.
The survey focuses on understanding five areas:
1) Aspirations for the future
2) Experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic
3) Understanding of what it takes to 'succeed'
4) Views on their school/college (e.g. teaching, facilities, culture etc.)
5) Self-assessment of their own skills, knowledge, attitudes and relationships
The survey is completely anonymous - students are not asked for their name. Results are only visible to defined administrators within each institution and are aggregated to further preserve anonymity. A published PDF report is made available for institutions to communicate results more broadly to staff.
Surveys are available with the School Lite and School Premium subscriptions.
Potentially yes. Please get in touch if you think your site can help students build their skills, knowledge, attitudes and relationships.
Simply click on the link in the email you have received and you will be prompted to enter your Activation Code. You will then be guided through the login process and able to set your own password. Once you are logged in you can add your colleagues onto the system.
Activation Codes only need to be used once - after that the primary administrator can add additional users.
If an Activation Code isn't used within 28 days it will expire. Unfortunately, if you have been offered a code as a gift and not redeemed it within 28 days you may not be able to receive your membership gift.
If you already have a lite subscription you won't be able to use a code to upgrade - please contact us and we'll fix it for you!
Please contact us if you are having any issues at all redeeming your Activation Code, we can usually sort things out for you straight away!
There are three subscription options available for UK Educators: Educator - Lite, School - Lite and School - Premium.
Educator - Lite is a free option for individuals to be able to explore the platform, use the cinema and try out sample lessons. School - Lite adds the ability to run a survey for your school, and add other colleagues. Premium includes the full content library (lessons, assemblies, discussions, activities and clips); tools; and rewards.
If you are outside the UK please contact us for access.
Yes. UK Educators are able to subscribe to our Lite version, which is available for both Individuals and Schools. The Lite version is free and includes one lesson per year group as well as a subset of of our features. The School Lite version also includes the ability to use Surveys. Click here for more information on the subscription options.
International Educators are also able to get access to the preview version, please contact us.
When you sign up online verification emails are sent immediately - please check your junk email if it doesn't appear in your inbox within a couple of minutes. Once you have verified your email and set your password, you will have immediate access.
When purchasing Premium through Stripe, payments with Direct Debit or credit/debit cards are processed immediately and you will be granted access to BecomingX Education straight away. You will still need to verify your email and set a password, the verification email will arrive as a separate email to your purchase confirmation.
An institution may pay by direct debit (preferred) or debit/credit card. (We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Delta and Maestro credit and debit cards. We also accept PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.)
If neither option is suitable, please contact us to arrange an alternative.
The fee includes subscription to the platform for a year, for all registered staff at an institution. There are no hidden fees or additional costs. VAT is excluded in the advertised price. Over time, we will add 'modules' to BecomingX Education which will be priced separately.
Our pricing is straightforward and is determined by the age of students in the school. You can select between three subscriptions:
Primary: content covering Years 4 - 6
Secondary: content covering Years 7 - 13
All-Through: content covering Years 4 - 13
We have priced our primary content to be affordable as possible, recognising the typically small size of primary schools compared to secondary schools. We also discount for state-run schools.
There are two key reasons why we charge less for state schools than we do to independent schools:
1) Subsidising state sector: Our goal is to maximise the impact of product and to reach the greatest number of people. To do that, we need to ensure our product is affordable for the mass market (state sector) where budgets are significantly less than in the private sector. The actual cost of our product is reflected in the price paid by independent schools and partially subsidised the cost for the state sector.
2) School sizes and staff ratios: Independent schools tend to have fewer pupils and a greater number of staff per pupil. As staff members and institutions benefit significantly through our member benefits, the value received is proportionally much greater for an independent school.
We offer a full refund within 14 days of purchase, after which we are unable to provide a full or partial refund. However, should a school/college use any of the rewards/discounts within the first 14 days, we will not be able to provide a refund.
We charge VAT on all purchases (excluded in the price). However, schools that are VAT registered can claim this back as BecomingX Education is an education service.
Home Edition is an online platform to help students aged 8 - 18 learn the skills, attitudes, knowledge and relationships needed to realise their potential. Evidence-led and practical, each lesson, discussion and activity is supported by comprehensive lesson plans to enable parents and homeschoolers to deliver a truly impactful learning experience, using stories from the world's most inspiring and iconic people.
Home Edition will be available for purchase shortly.
Home Edition is designed for use in the home environment by parents who wish to supplement their children's personal development education, and homeschoolers who are looking for support in teaching personal development (also known as PHSE or character education).
Content is designed for children aged 8 - 18, with increasing levels of difficulty.
Teachers who wish to use BecomingX Education in the classroom should look at our product designed for Schools.
No. Home Edition is designed to be a taught learning experience. We provide a comprehensive lesson plan, activity handouts where needed and guidance for supporting learning, to make delivering our lessons as easy as possible.
We have a student-led app in development, as part of our future release plans.
No. You can use your Home Edition subscription in your own home with more than one child (such as siblings, or in your homeschooling pod). We do not charge extra for siblings.
However you cannot share your subscription with multiple households.
If you want to use BecomingX Education with larger groups (such as youth groups, scouting groups etc) please contact us.
No. As per our Terms and Conditions, you cannot use Home Edition in a classroom setting.
Schools, colleges and youth groups are able to subscribe to BecomingX Education for Schools.
Home Edition is priced at £7.99/month or £79 annually.
We do not charge extra for siblings.
If you get an incorrect credentials error there are two possible causes:
1) Case sensitivity on email address & password. Please be aware that email addresses are case sensitive, and must match the email address you first entered on the system! Contact us to check if you're not sure and we'll help you out.
2) In some instances if you abandon your purchase process half way through and then go back in later, this is causing an incorrect credentials error. Our lovely tech team are working on a fix for this! If this happens to you, please contact us and we will unstick you.
No. You can cancel any time. If you're a monthly subscriber you are not committed for any length of time - while we do not offer partial refunds, as per our Terms and Conditions, you wouldn't be charged for the subsequent month.